Golden Garlic Rice
- 1 ½ tablespoons Poached Garlic oil page 20 of latest book
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- ¼ small yellow onion finely chopped
- 3 Poached Garlic cloves chopped
- 2 cups Very Easy Vegetable Broth page 14 of latest book or store bought
- ½ cup frozen mixed veggies
- ¼ cup sliced shiitake mushrooms
Add the oil, rice, onion, and garlic to a medium sauté pan.
Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the onions become translucent and the rice turns a golden brown (about 2 minutes).
Add the vegetable broth, frozen vegetables, and mushrooms.
Bring to a boil, cover, and lower to a simmer.
Allow to simmer for 20 minutes.